CAMPERS AND CABIN GUESTS CHECKIN: PLEASE ENSURE YOU BRING YOUR PRINTED RECEIPT WITH YOU TO CHECK IN OR YOU MAY BE ASKED TO WAIT, PENDING CONFIRMATION OF YOUR PAYMENT. WE HAVE NO PHONE RECEPTION AND POOR INTERNET SERVICE. IF WE CANNOT ACCESS YOUR BOOKING, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO PAY AGAIN.
FOR EXPRESS CHECK-IN HAVE YOUR PRINTED RECEIPT. PLEASE SEE FURTHER REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
OCTOBER LONG WEEKEND CAMPING: We are 4000 acres so there is always availability – but yes, we will be busy! To help us and to ensure you have the most enjoyable stay, we recommend the following tips:
- Bring your own porta pottie! This will allow you to get away from the main crowds that camp near facilities.
- If you have a group over 30 people, an area will be reserved for you. Please call our office on (07) 46666179 to confirm the name and location of your group.
- If you do not want to be waiting at checkin, please ensure you have your printed receipt!!!
- We will not be able to help you find other members of your group unless they have checked in and left a message. Ensure the leader of your group knows to leave a message or have a pre-arranged meeting site.
- There will be designated fire wood collection sites. Please ask about these on arrival. Any off-track four wheel driving will be dealt with harshly and you may be asked to leave.
The Gordon Country Way..
Gordon Country is a private eco-tourism property bordering on the Great Dividing Range and incorporating large beautiful reaches of rain forest. Having been passed on through generations, we operate in a sustainable manner working in harmony and synergy with nature and the magnificent countryside we treasure and the heritage we are proud of.
We offer an authentic family friendly rustic getaway like no other, where children can explore the freedom of the Australian outback and adults can revel in adventure activities or just relax and unwind. And yes, your beloved pets are always welcome!
With kilometres of 4WD, biking and horse tracks – adventure is definitely built into every stay but if hiking or fishing is more your style, pack up your back pack and put on your walking shoes to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and tracks Mother Nature can provide, AND, catch one or two for dinner!
Camping and Cabins
With more than 80% of our property allocated to guests, we offer spectacular camping sites in a range of areas for those who love to be amongst nature and just love the great outdoors. While for the glampers, Gordon Country offers self contained cottages, newly renovated and bush brilliant!
Our quaint and intimate ‘Stockyard Cabin’ now features its own bathroom facility for your personal privacy, while our fabulous ‘Crest Cabin’, has been uniquely designed with a huge bridal change room and large bathroom. This particular cabin boasts sleeping capacity for 12 with a spare bedroom and the new addition of futon lounges.
All cabins have access to a shower/toilet block with hot running water.
Our main features –
* unlimited size and space
* dogs, pets and horses permitted (see ‘About Us‘ for information)
* 4 wheel driving
* mountain biking / fishing
* magnificent bush walking tracks
* hot showers and septic toilets (serviced daily/ sometimes twice daily)
* onsite shop for convenience
* free firewood
Where are we?
Gordon Country adjoins spectacular World Heritage listed Main Range National Park that overlooks the Gondwana Rainforest. Set among mountain peaks, escarpments and ridges are ‘Daintree like’ rain forest walks, waterfalls and lookouts. Adventure is never far away at Gordon Country!
* Drive – just 2 hours from Brisbane and the Gold Coast
* 1 hour from Toowoomba or Tenterfield
ALL CAMPERS must register at the Office Site where the Convenience Store is located. If no one is at the office you are required to sign in to one of our registration books (this is critical as in the event of an emergency we must be able to account for all our guests) and maps and other information will be available on the table.
CAMPERS ARE OBLIGED TO BRING THEIR ONLINE RECEIPTS to avoid any confusion re payment (thank you)
GUESTS ARE REQUESTED to remove their rubbish on departure. Anybody found to be dumping rubbish we will be subject to a $150 fine.
CHECK-IN FOR CAMPING AT ANY TIME (including early), with 12pm check-ins for cabins only. This is flexible however, and may be varied on request.
ALTHOUGH CAMPSITES MAY BE NOMINATED and requested at the time of booking, we allow guests to choose on arrival (depending on
WHILE GUESTS ARE WELCOME to use the trails for 4 wheel driving, motorised bikes are not permitted on the property under any circumstances. Please make use of the thousands of acres and enjoy the tranquillity.
While T’s & C’s apply, we are one of the most flexible and welcoming accommodation options in the district so please contact us if you have any queries regarding your personal getaway.
RV owners and independent van owners can now book ‘powered’ or ‘non-powered’ sites online at special rates.