Gordon Country Events – what’s the news and what’s been happening?
EASTER is on the way and one of Australia’s most popular camping/bush getaway weekends! Friday March 30- Monday April 2nd promises very temperate weather (fingers crossed), with warm days and cool nights. So come and join us for this great time out and enjoy the outdoors with beautiful creek front sites, powered and non-powered, caravan sites and a range of cabins from rustic to modern to suit every taste. Click here to check out all options, availability & book online.
Welcome to our page which carries updates and general information on events from your home away from home and we do hope you’ve enjoyed looking through the various pages on our website. Our weather is now right into Summer with the heat and humidity – thank goodness for the rain which has kept the creek fresh, cool and running! Everything is green with lots of feed for the animals and the air is constantly fresh and clear.
Christmas and New Year have come and gone for another year and here we are in 2018…. We sincerely hope you enjoyed your festive break and are looking ahead to a healthy, abundant and joyful new year.
We assure you no matter what the season, it is our goal to constantly improve the property as part of our ongoing commitment to making Gordon Country ‘the best’ that it can be. Our attention is continually on improving fencing, 4WD areas and common play areas. Our guest kitchen facility has been upgraded to include a refrigerator, stove, hot water, pit fire, tables and chairs and even a TV which we really hope you enjoy. The cabins are being constantly upgraded as well and we’re currently in the process of adding a toilet and shower to each one – extra amenities wow!
So a very big thank you to all our guests this year across all of the school holidays and the long weekends, Christmas and New Year. There’s been a very relaxed energy at GC this year and we appreciate the good nature of our guests and the mutual respect shown between fellow campers, glampers & cabin folk.
We will also highlight for you established events in our area that you might like to attend, keeping in mind that we’d love for you to stay with us while you enjoy all that the region has to offer!
Great news as we head into the holiday season – an award from GoHotels (voted on by guests) with this message of congratulations –
Your Outstanding Service Award is a symbol of excellence, it’s a sign of success you can share with the world and a thank you from your guests. We hope you display your reward with the pride it deserves..” We’re so proud and grateful to everyone who voted for us and we promise to just keep on improving!
- AND! Gordon Country Weddings was not just nominated into the Gold Coast & Hinterland Brides Choice Awards, but we made the Finals and took out Number 1# spot in the Farm/Country Venue division, wahoo! In this division there were some very well established and fabulous wedding venues in SE Qld so we say a big ‘thank you’ to those brides who voted for us – we’re truly honored and we will always endeavour to be the best that we can possibly be.
- Great to host the Rodeo Queen 2018 Entrants at Gordon Country for brunch on Sunday. The girls really enjoyed the relaxed environment after a busy weekend of engagements. The winner Dakota Michaelis from Petersborough was announced as Ms Rodeo Australia 2018 after being crowned by Miss Rodeo Australia 2017 Emma Deicke in Warwick on Saturday night. A big congratulations to all the girls and we look forward to hosting again next year!
- WARWICK RODEO /GOLD CUP 2017………
Coolah rider Troy Palmer won a four-way run off to win the Warwick Gold Cup campdraft for 2017. Known as the Melbourne Cup of campdrafting, Palmer rode Whos Devine to victory with a great performance. Congratulations close to home go to our very own Gordon Country family riders making the finals – Sam and Sarah both with excellent scores and a real credit to them to make it that far in such an outstanding field of competitors.
- Other major winners were COOYAR bull rider Jack McArthur who won his first national title in the Australian Professional Rodeo Association. Pro tour champion Brad Pierce from Tooma (NSW) won another saddle bronc title in the APRA after a starring performance this weekend in Warwick. Former Gore ride Fred Osman who now calls Cameron’s Corner in south west Queensland home won three rounds of the bareback to win his second APRA title.
- In timed events, Emerald cowboy Campbell Hodson combined with Liam Davison from Charters Towers to win team roping while Caboolture cowboy Lachlan O’Neill won the title in steer wrestling.
- The biggest win on the final day of the Warwick Rodeo APRA National Finals was 16-year-old Emerald rider Ellysa Kenny who won the barrel racing and all around titles. She is a current APRA junior champion and has now won open and junior titles in the same year. Alton Downs rider Jorja Iker was first in breakaway roping.
- Results from the four rounds of the finals in Warwick were added to results from the pro tour to determine title winners. Thanks to Gerard Walsh/ Warwick Daily News/Toowoomba Chronicle for the information provided here.
- Channel 7 has been with us very recently filming again and highlighting as many of the features of a Gordon Country stay as they can for the segment. Here’s the link to Queensland Weekender with the video of our 50th Anniversary celebration! 50 years wow….. We’re very grateful for the privilege we’ve had across those 50 years – in getting to know so many good people, generation after generation in fact- and seeing what a difference our little bit of country has made to the quality of their lives.
- Queenslander Weekender – Gordon Country Anniversary
- AND, to meet the demand we have also introduced ‘true’ GLAMPING to our range of sleepover options! We have 3 themes – Western for the purists; Romantic for that special getaway; and Fonzy for everyone who loved the Rock n Roll era! All cabins are tastefully decorated, with power & fridges, quality linen & towels are provided and they are all in great spots near the amenities block.. Here’s a few pics!
* Our Photo Competition was a great success and a big ‘THANK YOU’ to all of our guests who sent in their entries. Not only did we see a reflection of how Gordon Country is experienced, but also stunning scenery, amazing wildlife and how the kids ‘express’ themselves while at Gordon Country. We had four sections – Scenery; Through the eyes of Kids; Campfires & Action/Adventure. The winning images have been added below and can also be seen on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/brilliantbushadventures. All entries sent in are also featured on our dedicated page ‘ Photo Competition 2017’.
2016 WARWICK Rodeo Queen Ashleigh Grant was joined late last year by her national and international counterparts as the annual Warwick Rodeo rolled around. Miss Rodeo Canada Samantha Stokes, Miss Rodeo America Katherine Merck and Miss Rodeo Australia Katy Scott enjoyed a week of events and activities, including a very special visit to Gordon Country for lunch and a tour of our scenic property.
They also spent a couple of days on the Sunshine Coast with Ashleigh before travelling to Proserpine where they cruised the reef and the Whitsundays and had cocktails with the Premier. The girls said later their day at GC had been a real highlight of their tour!
Some great images of them here on the Sunshine Coast, with our Sam in front of our functions centre ‘Rivergums Barn’ and at Sylvesters Lookout on the World Heritage listed Main Range National Park at the top of Goomburra Valley.
Our new Retreat Cabins and Camping Areas
Our most exciting news for awhile is our recent acquisition of extra camping grounds and modern self-contained cabins along the Valley toward the Heritage listed Main Range National Park. If you’re an established Gordon Country guest then you’ll love the new options – and if you’re looking to see if we’re a fit for your authentic Australian bush getaway, then please read on.
Belonging to the Gordon Family many years ago was a parcel of land further up the Goomburra Valley recently known as ‘Goomburra Forest Retreat’. We’ve been fortunate in securing back this property to incorporate into the Gordon Country name and we can now offer a greater and more diverse selection of camping sites as well as cabin accommodation.
Among this fabulous new accommodation, is a large ‘Homestead’ being a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom spacious residence with 2 lounges, dining room and modern kitchen. There are 2 Studio cabins fully self-contained and powered, with another 1 bedroom cabin also self-contained and powered. These residences all have internal bathrooms with linen supplied and furnished beautifully. So if you’re looking for that bush getaway but still want your home comforts, these will be perfect for you. Our new campsites along Dalrymple Creek are plentiful and simply stunning being serviced by a modern solar powered shower and toilet block centrally located.
All residences have verandahs with large doors and windows, featuring their own spectacular outlook onto the bush land and mountains. How perfect for the getaway that has you rushing to put your phone in the drawer for a weekend or week (no mobile reception)? See yourself saying ‘goodbye’ to emails, iPads, iPods and all the things that distract you from being centred and pursuing a balanced lifestyle. We really want to offer our guests a multi-layered experience that includes outdoor experiences (perfect whether you’re alone or with friends or family) as well as contemplative time out by the creek or sitting on your verandah. All of this supported by the incomparable night skies and peace and quiet of the Valley!
So please take a look at our dedicated website page titled ‘Gordon Country Retreat’ situated under the Accommodation tab on the home page – https://www.gordoncountry.com.au/accommodation/welcome-gordon-country-retreat/- We have great plans for our RETREAT area in the future and look forward to sharing them with you before too long – in the meantime, they are available to book and we think you’ll love our new additions!
Big & beautiful, ‘Rivergums Barn’ is ready for your wedding, function or special event!
The big build has been worth the wait on our ‘country-size’ barn and really, there’s only one way in the country and that’s big! Unique in South East Queensland, it’s an amazing events venue designed to perfection for your WEDDING, CORPORATE or FAMILY function. Set in the ‘Banshee’ surrounded by picturesque trees and open grassed areas, ‘Rivergums Barn’ has now hosted many weddings and functions large and small with great success. The sky is definitely the limit with your important celebration whether cosy or corporate! Please consider Gordon Country as your preferred option and enjoy our tailored packages designed to suit your style and guest numbers. BYO everything or BYO nothing – consider how easy it can be and how relaxing to have accommodation included in your package, a definite plus for you and your special guests! Inspections are invited by appointed. Take a look at Gordon Country Weddings on Facebook and call Sarah for more information… https://www.facebook.com/Gordon-Country-Weddings-1456690354588545/?fref=ts It’s Australian Bush Hospitality at it’s Best and so affordable……
TV ALERT! Here’s another slightly older segment from Queensland Weekender which featured Gordon Country offering a great insight into our beautiful bush, mountain and creek environment. The segment captured a range of experiences adults can enjoy as well as the kids and of course, the valued pets. Here’s the link so take a look – could be your perfect getaway! Exploring Gordon Country on Horseback….
AND WHILE WE’RE HERE- A big thank you to all our fabulous guests for your consideration to our property and environment. It is an ongoing and relentless job to maintain and improve what is a very large area with a lot of roads, tracks and water areas. Your support means a great deal in terms of preserving Gordon Country for future generations so that they can enjoy the same experiences available to you now. We’ve had great crowds all through the year and the kids were out in force doing the things they love – on their bikes, fishing, yabbying, playing ball games and chasing their dogs. Rain or shine, they just know how to have fun.
Please find our new Facebook page with the URL – https://www.facebook.com/brilliantbushadventures and give us a ‘Like’! Our older Facebook page is no longer managed as unfortunately we cannot access it due to quick and curious changes by the Facebook Team!
The RUBBER DUCKS and our FAMOUS DUCK DERBYS! What a hit with the kids and older kids alike and thank you to those guests who’ve sent in photos last year and this year which we’ll add to our website Gallery of guest memories. We’ve added a few to this page as well, with thanks to the contributors.
Swimming – our crystal clear creeks are so inviting in the hot summer weather
Yabbying and fishing in the creeks and dams. Kids its great fun to catch these creek morsels and they’re great to eat!
Bike riding through our fantastic flat areas and numerous trails (non motorised)
Kite flying (yay, bring your most amazing kite)
Goomburra Duck Derby – a premium event…. You’ll need a rubber duck with times advertised on the Website, Facebook and at the office. What a lot of fun that’ll be!
Bat and Ball Games …. huge amount of these
Creek Spotlighting at night…. if you haven’t done it you just can’t imagine how much fun it is
Mountain Bike trail riding.. (non motorized), through the Great Dividing Range
Rainforest Walks…. just like the Daintree – spectacluar, organic and changing all the time
Campfire crooning… a favourite option so bring your guitar
Reading… yes, who can beat a good book
PONY RIDING for the kids – EASTER TREAT (by arrangement)
CURRENT Gordon Country Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/brilliantbushadventures
Please give us a call on 07 46666179 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to enquire about booking.