GORDON COUNTRY CAMPING, CABINS & CARAVANS.
The Gordon Country Way..
Gordon Country in the Goomburra Valley is a private eco-tourism property offering camping, cabin & caravan stays. Our property borders on the Great Dividing Range and incorporates large beautiful reaches of rain forest into the Heritage listed Main Range National Park. Having been passed on through generations, we continue to operate in a sustainable manner, working in harmony and synergy with nature and the magnificent countryside we treasure. It’s important to us, as is the heritage we are proud of.
Come and enjoy the authentic family friendly rustic getaways we offer and choose from a range of campsites and cabins like no other. Imagine letting your children explore the freedom of the Australian outback while you revel in adventure activities or just relax and unwind! Bring your 4 legged family members as well – they are so welcome.
With kilometres of 4WD, biking and horse tracks – adventure is definitely built into every stay. Hike, fish, or pack up your back pack and put on your walking shoes to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and tracks Mother Nature can provide. CATCH a fish or two for dinner, why not! Just to give you an idea of a Gordon Country experience – here’s a great montage of a recent family weekend created by our guest Brian Williams and published with thanks – GORDON COUNTRY WEEKEND. AND on their return visit, Brian and Katherine were keen to video their Christmas / New Year 2017 with us at GC! CLICK HERE.
Where are we?
Gordon Country adjoins spectacular World Heritage listed Main Range National Park overlooking Gondwana Rainforest. Set among mountain peaks, escarpments and ridges with ‘Daintree like’ rain forest walks, it captures waterfalls and stunning lookouts. Camping in one of huge range of sites is 2nd to none, with so many areas to choose from along Dalrymple Creek, powered & non-powered. Our cabins are either Heritage style (rustic), or Retreat (modern) with solar power & all in pristine settings. Adventure is never far away at Gordon Country!
* Drive – just 2 hours from Brisbane and the Gold Coast
* 1 hour from Toowoomba or Tenterfield.
HOW TO BOOK your stay at GORDON COUNTRY ….
- Scroll through our information on the cabins and camping and FAQs– prices will not be visible at this stage as prices vary depending dates;
- To see prices, click “Book Now” on the top right hand side of your computer screen. This will re-direct you to another page;
- To view the availability for your preferred date, select the appropriate ‘From Date’ in the area provided and then scroll down to see all our accommodation options;
- Select the appropriate accommodation option for the nights required and then at the end of the row, click “book now’ again. Leave the quantity at 1 for all cabins and glamping tents. For camping, identify how many sites (up to 10 people per site) you will need. Selecting more than one sight does not restrict you camping together for groups;
- You should now be re-directed to a page where you can put in the number of adults, children and any extras you require such as firewood.
- Confirm your booking by clicking ‘Proceed with Payment.’ Please ensure you only click once to process your credit card or else the system may process your credit card twice.
- Checkin/out for camping: Any time.
- Checkin and out for Cabins and Glamping tents: 2pm and 10am respectively unless prior approval obtained for early checkin/late checkout.
While there are no fire bans in place at the moment, it is critical that appropriate care is taken by way of the following steps during your stay with us at Gordon Country. This protects most importantly you our guests, as well as the animals, wildlife and property.
- Use an established fire pit;
- Make sure the fire is fully extinguished before the last person retires for the evening and is doused with water;
- Keep the fire moderate and appropriate for your camp size so that there are no large embers or flames; and
- Never leave the fire unattended.
Please Note: We are like a National Park and will not dispose of your rubbish. You must take out what you bring. Anybody found to be dumping rubbish will face severe consequences!