GORDON COUNTRY CAMPING, CABINS & CARAVANS.
*booked out for the October Long Weekend 2-5th October 2020!!**
Camping, Cabins and Glampers ARE NOW OPEN for unlimited overnight stays following the Premier’s latest announcement. We are as excited as you!! Please note social distancing will still apply and we will be taking some extra measures to ensure the safety of our staff and guests! Communal facilities such as toilets, showers and the camp kitchens will be open with safety measures in place.
PRE-BOOKINGS ONLY – PLEASE BOOK ONLINE – follow booking online prompts.
We are not taking any onsite bookings.
IF YOU ARE UNWELL OR ARE EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS OF COVID 19 PLEASE DO NOT COME. IF YOU HAVE BEEN OVERSEAS OR IN A COVID HOTSPOT WITHIN THE PAST 14 DAYS PLEASE DO NOT COME.
COVID 19 Registration requirements:
- All guests BEFORE ENTRY must sign the registration book and COVID 19 declaration. These will be available at our front desk even outside formal office hours. If you arrive out side office hours, you will then need to come back to complete registration and obtain your sticker.
COVID 19 – Policy
We would like to thank all our guests for their patience.
For those seeking a credit, please note our policy as follows:
1. We will be issuing extended credits of 9months to guests who wish to postpone their camping due to COVID19. These postponements must be requested in writing by email to email@example.com.
2. Should the lockdown extend past 30 June 2020 we will again consider extending the period of the credit.
3. For those guests who cannot use the credit within the allowed time, we are genuinely and sincerely sorry. We are a business, same as anybody else, and trying to survive. We hope that most people will be looking to getaway once this is over and hope that you will be joining us.
4. Credits can be transferred to other friends or family.
5. Credits resulting from COVID19 can be used over two stays – ie if you booked four nights, you can use for 2 x 2 night stays.
Regarding our credit policy, we are following the advice of Fair Trading who have indicated that a credit policy is a form of fair and appropriate remedy and is similar to what many business, including large business with far more capacity to sustain this loss (such as airlines) are offering. We are aware that there is a lot of people stating they cannot use credits within the allowed period. However, where a business such as ourselves has to cancel our services because of a government ruling made after the goods or services were sold but before they are due to be provided, then the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) does not mandate a refund is required.
We hope that people can be understanding. These are difficult times for everyone and for us, follows on the back of crippling drought and fires. We understand people have lost their jobs and we are all, including us, experiencing a very significant financial burden.
We truly wish everyone all the best and hope to welcome you all back in due course.
The Gordon Country Way..
Gordon Country in the Goomburra Valley is a private eco-tourism property offering camping, cabin & caravan stays. Our property borders on the Great Dividing Range and incorporates large beautiful reaches of rain forest into the Heritage listed Main Range National Park. Having been passed on through family generations, the family continue to operate in a sustainable manner to maintain the integrity of the surrounds.
Come and enjoy the authentic family and pet friendly getaways we offer and choose from a range of campsites and cabins like no other. Explore the freedom of the Australian outback while you revel in adventure activities or just relax and unwind!
With kilometres of 4WD, biking and horse tracks – adventure is definitely built into every stay. Hike, fish, or pack up your back pack and put on your walking shoes to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and tracks Mother Nature can provide. CATCH a fish or two for dinner, why not! Just to give you an idea of a Gordon Country experience – here’s a great montage of a recent family weekend created by our guest Brian Williams and published with thanks – GORDON COUNTRY WEEKEND.
Where are we?
Gordon Country adjoins spectacular World Heritage listed Main Range National Park overlooking Gondwana Rainforest. Set among mountain peaks, escarpments and ridges with ‘Daintree like’ rain forest walks, it captures waterfalls and stunning lookouts. Camp sites are all spread out along the Dalrymple Creek with powered & non-powered sites available. Our cabins include Heritage style (rustic), or Retreat (modern) & all in pristine private settings.
* Drive – just 2 hours from Brisbane and the Gold Coast
* 1 hour from Toowoomba or Tenterfield.
HOW TO BOOK your stay at GORDON COUNTRY ….
- Scroll through our information on the cabins and camping and FAQs– prices will not be visible at this stage as prices vary depending dates;
- To see prices, click “Book Now” on the top right hand side of your computer screen. This will re-direct you to another page;
- To view the availability for your preferred date, select the appropriate ‘From Date’ in the area provided and then scroll down to see all our accommodation options;
- Select the appropriate accommodation option for the nights required and then at the end of the row, click “book now’ again. Leave the quantity at 1 for all cabins and glamping tents. For camping, identify how many sites (up to 10 people per site) you will need. Selecting more than one sight does not restrict you camping together for groups;
- You should now be re-directed to a page where you can put in the number of adults, children and any extras you require such as firewood.
- Confirm your booking by clicking ‘Proceed with Payment.’ Please ensure you only click once to process your credit card or else the system may process your credit card twice.
- Checkin/out for camping: Any time.
- Checkin and out for Cabins and Glamping tents: 2pm and 10am respectively unless prior approval obtained for early checkin/late checkout.
There is no fire ban in place at present
Please Note: We are like a National Park and will not dispose of your rubbish. You must take out what you bring. Anybody found to be dumping rubbish will face severe consequences!