GORDON COUNTRY CAMPING, CABINS & CARAVANS.
COVID 19 – Policy
We would like to thank all our guests for their patience. As we are sure you are aware this is a fluctuating situation and guidelines remain somewhat unclear.
Currently we are abiding by the CHO Public Health direction titled “Non-essential business, activity and undertaking Closure Direction (No.3)” As a result of this, our campgrounds will be closed except for those people who live permanently in their caravan or are staying in a caravan as interim abodes where their primary residence is not available, with social distancing observed. This will remain in place until 19 May 2020 at this stage.
We have sought and are awaiting advices regarding the cabin accommodation.
While we can offer elopement packages to couples who still wish to get married, our weddings have also been postponed for this period.
For those seeking a refund or credit, please note our policy as follows:
1. We will be issuing extended credits of 9months to guests who wish to postpone their camping due to COVID19. These postponements must be requested in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Should the lockdown extend past 30 June 2020 we will again consider extending the period of the credit.
3. For those guests who cannot use the credit within the allowed time, we are genuinely and sincerely sorry. We are a business, same as anybody else, and trying to survive. We hope that most people will be looking to getaway once this is over and hope that you will be joining us.
4. Credits can be transferred to other friends or family.
5. Credits resulting from COVID19 can be used over two stays – ie if you booked four nights, you can use for 2 x 2 night stays.
Regarding our credit policy, we are following the advice of Fair Trading who have indicated that a credit policy is a form of fair and appropriate remedy and is similar to what many business, including large business with far more capacity to sustain this loss (such as airlines) are offering. We are aware that there is a lot of people stating they cannot use credits within the allowed period. However, where a business such as ourselves has to cancel our services because of a government ruling made after the goods or services were sold but before they are due to be provided, then the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) does not mandate a refund is required.
We hope that people can be understanding. These are difficult times for everyone and for us, follows on the back of crippling drought and fires. We understand people have lost their jobs and we are all, including us, experiencing a very significant financial burden.
We truly wish everyone all the best and hope to welcome you all back in due course.
The Gordon Country Way..
Gordon Country in the Goomburra Valley is a private eco-tourism property offering camping, cabin & caravan stays. Our property borders on the Great Dividing Range and incorporates large beautiful reaches of rain forest into the Heritage listed Main Range National Park. Having been passed on through family generations, the family continue to operate in a sustainable manner to maintain the integrity of the surrounds.
Come and enjoy the authentic family and pet friendly getaways we offer and choose from a range of campsites and cabins like no other. Explore the freedom of the Australian outback while you revel in adventure activities or just relax and unwind!
With kilometres of 4WD, biking and horse tracks – adventure is definitely built into every stay. Hike, fish, or pack up your back pack and put on your walking shoes to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and tracks Mother Nature can provide. CATCH a fish or two for dinner, why not! Just to give you an idea of a Gordon Country experience – here’s a great montage of a recent family weekend created by our guest Brian Williams and published with thanks – GORDON COUNTRY WEEKEND.
Where are we?
Gordon Country adjoins spectacular World Heritage listed Main Range National Park overlooking Gondwana Rainforest. Set among mountain peaks, escarpments and ridges with ‘Daintree like’ rain forest walks, it captures waterfalls and stunning lookouts. Camp sites are all spread out along the Dalrymple Creek with powered & non-powered sites available. Our cabins include Heritage style (rustic), or Retreat (modern) & all in pristine private settings.
* Drive – just 2 hours from Brisbane and the Gold Coast
* 1 hour from Toowoomba or Tenterfield.
HOW TO BOOK your stay at GORDON COUNTRY ….
- Scroll through our information on the cabins and camping and FAQs– prices will not be visible at this stage as prices vary depending dates;
- To see prices, click “Book Now” on the top right hand side of your computer screen. This will re-direct you to another page;
- To view the availability for your preferred date, select the appropriate ‘From Date’ in the area provided and then scroll down to see all our accommodation options;
- Select the appropriate accommodation option for the nights required and then at the end of the row, click “book now’ again. Leave the quantity at 1 for all cabins and glamping tents. For camping, identify how many sites (up to 10 people per site) you will need. Selecting more than one sight does not restrict you camping together for groups;
- You should now be re-directed to a page where you can put in the number of adults, children and any extras you require such as firewood.
- Confirm your booking by clicking ‘Proceed with Payment.’ Please ensure you only click once to process your credit card or else the system may process your credit card twice.
- Checkin/out for camping: Any time.
- Checkin and out for Cabins and Glamping tents: 2pm and 10am respectively unless prior approval obtained for early checkin/late checkout.
GOOD NEWS FOR CAMPERS!!! Fire ban LIFTED!!!!!!
Please Note: We are like a National Park and will not dispose of your rubbish. You must take out what you bring. Anybody found to be dumping rubbish will face severe consequences!