GORDON COUNTRY CAMPING, CABINS & CARAVANS.
EASTER is on the way and one of Australia’s most popular camping/bush getaway weekends! Friday March 30- Monday April 2nd promises very temperate weather (fingers crossed), with warm days and cool nights. So come and join us for this great time out and enjoy the outdoors with beautiful creek front sites, powered and non-powered, caravan sites and a range of cabins from rustic to modern to suit every taste. Click here to check out all options, availability & book online.
The Gordon Country Way..
Gordon Country in the Goomburra Valley is a private eco-tourism property offering camping, cabin & caravan stays. Our property borders on the Great Dividing Range and incorporates large beautiful reaches of rain forest into the Heritage listed Main Range National Park. Having been passed on through generations, we continue to operate in a sustainable manner, working in harmony and synergy with nature and the magnificent countryside we treasure. It’s important to us, as is the heritage we are proud of.
Come and enjoy the authentic family friendly rustic getaways we offer and choose from a range of campsites and cabins like no other. Imagine letting your children explore the freedom of the Australian outback while you revel in adventure activities or just relax and unwind! Bring your 4 legged family members as well – they are so welcome.
With kilometres of 4WD, biking and horse tracks – adventure is definitely built into every stay. Hike, fish, or pack up your back pack and put on your walking shoes to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery and tracks Mother Nature can provide. CATCH a fish or two for dinner, why not! Just to give you an idea of a Gordon Country experience – here’s a great montage of a recent family weekend created by our guest Brian Williams and published with thanks – GORDON COUNTRY WEEKEND. AND on their return visit, Brian and Katherine were keen to video their Christmas / New Year 2017 with us at GC! CLICK HERE.
Where are we?
Gordon Country adjoins spectacular World Heritage listed Main Range National Park overlooking Gondwana Rainforest. Set among mountain peaks, escarpments and ridges with ‘Daintree like’ rain forest walks, it captures waterfalls and stunning lookouts. Camping in one of huge range of sites is 2nd to none, with so many areas to choose from along Dalrymple Creek, powered & non-powered. Our cabins are either Heritage style (rustic), or Retreat (modern) with solar power & all in pristine settings. Adventure is never far away at Gordon Country!
* Drive – just 2 hours from Brisbane and the Gold Coast
* 1 hour from Toowoomba or Tenterfield
- FANTASTIC CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR SPECIAL OFFER for CAMPING; GLAMPING; CARAVANING & CABINS! Click the Red Button on the left..
While there are no fire bans in place at the moment, it is critical that appropriate care is taken by way of the following steps during your stay with us at Gordon Country. This protects most importantly you our guests, as well as the animals, wildlife and property.
- Use an established fire pit;
- Make sure the fire is fully extinguished before the last person retires for the evening and is doused with water;
- Keep the fire moderate and appropriate for your camp size so that there are no large embers or flames; and
- Never leave the fire unattended.
HOW TO BOOK your stay at GORDON COUNTRY ….
Booking your stay is easy and you don’t even have to call! We have dedicated pages on our website that give you detailed descriptions of our camping areas and also our Heritage and Retreat cabin choices. There are powered and non-powered sites available for campers & caravanners; the Heritage cabins have solar powered lights with gas fridges and stoves while the Retreat cabins have solar powered everything!
Check out your preferred option and then just click on the link below to access our secure booking page. Availability and rates are displayed making it easy to process your booking. https://secure.staah.com/common-cgi/properties/b2c/Booknow.pl?action=showpage&MotelId=767&Ln=en&unk=198
ALL CAMPERS must register at the Office Site where the Convenience Store is located. If the office is unattended (outside office hours), you are required to sign in to one of our registration books. This is critical as in the event of an emergency, we must be able to account for all our guests. Maps and other information will be available on the table.
BRINGING YOUR ONLINE RECEIPT IS YOUR OBLIGATION to avoid any confusion re payment (thank you).
REMOVING YOUR RUBBISH on departure is a requirement for all guests. Anybody found to be dumping rubbish we will be subject to a $150 fine.
CHECK-IN FOR CAMPING AT ANY TIME (including early), with 12pm check-ins for cabins only. This is flexible however, and may be varied on request.
NOMINATE & REQUEST YOUR CAMPSITE at the time of booking, by all means. However, we do allow guests to choose on arrival (depending on availability).
T’s & C’s apply.
We are 4000 acres so there is always availability! At certain times of the year however, we will be busy! To help us and to ensure you have the most enjoyable stay, we recommend the following tips:
- Bring your own porta pottie! This will allow you to get away from the main crowds that camp near facilities.
- If you have a group over 30 people, an area will be reserved for you. Please call our office on (07) 46666179 to confirm the name and location of your group.
- Don’t be held up at checkin! Please ensure you have your printed receipt!!!
- Helping you find other members of your group is impossible for us unless they have checked in and left a message. Ensure the leader of your group knows to leave a message or have a pre-arranged meeting site.
- Collect your firewood from designated fire wood collection sites. Please ask about these on arrival.
- Any off-track four wheel driving will be dealt with harshly and you may be asked to leave.